Friday, April 25, 2008

My experience at Cheyne Middle School

Move and be moved. Inspire and be inspired. Take the challenge and step forward. Rise to the occasion. Be responsible and own your actions both postive and negative. This was my message to the young women at Cheyne Middle School.

When I was first offered the opportunity to speak at the "Dove Girls Conference", and Cheyne Middle School, I realized that this was not about my company. I know that I could have used this as a platform to recruit young women, or entice them into the world of modelling - and of course solicit for my roster.

However, to me this was not the purpose of going there to speak. I am honestly a believer that people will believe in my company if they believe in me. They will support my company if they support me. If the public knows where the head of the organization stands on any topic, if they can physically see that I am making a difference - or at least attempting to make a difference with the young women of the day; than they will be able to be comfortable in knowing that we need to prides ourselves on building up and not others tearing down.

In the same way that those young women were learning from me both yesterday and today, I was learning from them. I was able to see that the world that I remember to be grade 7 & 8, is not the world that we are living in today. I was also able to prove that being in a position of power is definitely one that you can use to make a difference, and I can only hope that the young women of the school really felt, and heard my words. It is so important that young women learn to love and respect themselves - this is by far more important than trying to fit in with other people. If you cannot love yourself, you will not be able to love others.

For any of the fierce ladies at Cheyne that happens upon this blog - peace and love - and I hope that you find your path in life. Know that all of the guest speakers at your school over the last 2 days were there because we really care about the well being of your future, and want to show you that women pull together, we are so much stronger than when we are tearing one another apart (Shout outs: to Nicole and Lisa who were also guest speakers). May you be a source of inspiration to others in your life, and leave those that tear you down behind!

One love.


See all of the FMM students on Monday for my guest speaking appearance there!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger clueless101 said...

Aww, i'm glad that you enjoyed your time at your school, and i just wanted to let you know that i could really relate to your story, so i'm coming to you for advice, because after hearing your story today, you are my hero. You see, i have really dry skin, and some of the girls ALWAYS make fun of me for it, and its not just for that, but its for other things too, and when they do stuff like that, it makes me feel bad about myself, and i dont know what to do, i mean like if i ignore them, its worse, and they're the type of girl that if i stood up to them, i would get pushed right back down. I mean if this is whats happening in middle school, whats it going to be like in high school? I really dont know what to do.

April 25, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home